Fall is finally here! While it is time to enjoy the football, sweater weather, and seasonal treats, there is no need to go overboard. Just because it is fall – your breasts don’t have to do the same. Pregnancy, breast feeding, dramatic weight gain and loss, aging, and the inevitable effects of gravity will cause the breasts to sink down the chest. The larger and heavier the breast, the farther the fall, although even an A cup can exhibit a noticeable droop and loss of volume. There may be little a woman can do to prevent chest tissue from loosing elasticity, but there are fantastic options to restore the aesthetic form. A Mastopexy, or Breast Lift, is a surgical procedure designed to lift lax breasts higher on the body.
The Mastopexy Procedure:
• General anesthesia is administered.
• A T-shaped incision is made around the areola and vertically down the breast.
• Breast tissue is sculpted and lifted on the body.
• The nipple and areola are repositioned to a natural looking height.
• Excess, lax breast tissue and skin is removed.
• The incisions are closed with dissolving sutures.
• A Breast Lift is performed as an out patient procedure.
• Scarring will occur after a Mastopexy, but will fade significantly over time.
While the Mastopexy can restore a youthfully shaped figure, there are several things it cannot do. A Breast Lift does not improve the size, shape, or volume of the breasts; problems many women deal with at about the same time. To correct these issues, a Breast Augmentation with saline or silicone gel implants will be needed. Very often, these two procedures are performed in conjunction, which can provide optimum aesthetic results.
Are you a good candidate for a Breast Lift? If you are a non-smoking woman, in generally good health, looking to improve lost shape and position of the breast, you may make an excellent candidate for a Mastopexy. The best way to understand your Breast Lift and Augmentation options is to schedule a consultation appointment.
Consultation appointments at Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery are always complimentary. To schedule your visit, call (281) 407-7428, or fill out our online Contact Form at: https://www.mybreastimplantshouston.com/index.php/contact-us. This fall, let Dr. Vitenas pick up both your spirits and your breasts – contact our office today.